Week Ahead: Kat Braybrooke
A V A I L A B I L I T Y |
- Cambridge on Monday for #OpenDataCBG; London Tues-Wed; Manchester Thurs-Fri for FutureEverything (speaking at FABsummit about OKFestival and the Open Design Topic Stream within it)
F A O |
- The final deadline for OKFestival submission proposals is June 2nd; the thirteen 2012 festival Topic Streams have been published here and their Guest Programming Teams notified; the Call for Proposals is to be published Tuesday.
- Open Knowledge Drinks meetup in Manchester this Thursday; please share with contacts in the region!
L A S T (2) W E E K S | 30 April – 11th May 2012
- Many hours/meetings/calls spent sorting, organising and finalising the 13 topic stream submissions; updating OKFestival website with new additions; finalising the June Call for Submissions; dialogues with Guest Programme Planners of each stream; answering public queries and doing introductions between Finns/international folk re: festival elements
- Created OKFestival slidedeck presentation to explain festival in 14 slides for public use / has gotten 375+ views on one week, yay!
- OKFN DE Meetups in Berlin w Republica
- Updates / conversations / actions & tools made re OKFN:LOCAL Brasil, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, South Africa, Italy.
Core Meetings/ Collaborations
- Preparation and delivery of workshop/panel on May 2nd – “Hacking Open Data for Communities” with PublishWhatYouFund.org at Re:Publica. Details of our session on festival site here.
- Notified contacts in Berlin about our OKFN Meetups at Re:Publica on Wed, Thurs, Fri; Details on OKFN blog here.
- Created general OKFN Slidedeck for Core Team use w images/fonts etc attached in Open format; Helped Laura N use for Norway Open Data Portal representatives presentation
- Meetings in Berlin re: Open Design / Hardware / Fabrication stream at OKFestival, re: OKFN DE involvement, OKFestival funding;
- Created 1st informal/public ‘Open Knowledge Drinks‘ meetup for Rufus and I being in Manchester during FutureEverything; shared with networks/contacts
T H I S W E E K | 14-18 May 2012
- Publish blog post + public posts + promo + form re: 2nd and last Call for Proposals
- Further organisation of Guest Programme Planners of the 13 Topic Streams
- Planning for OKFestival Core Organiser Sprint #2 in Helsinki early June
- Updating/adding to OKFestival website of all the elements of past few weeks planning; move to new server
- Finish preparing/learning Github/ making slidedeck for public workshop at FutureEverything festival in Manchester on OKFestival and Open Design Topic Stream as example of its collaborative approach
- Publish blog post + updates re: conclusion of trip to Thessaloniki, Greece a few weeks ago for OKFN:LOCAL Greece panel series at Aristotle University
- Figure out strategy re potential connections within OKFN:LOCAL Eastern Europe and South America.
- Other OKFN:LOCAL Community work and planning/meetings will have to be postponed until next week, when it can finally become my main focus again after weeks of travel/catching up..
Core Meetings/ Collaborations
- Notify more contacts about 1st informal/public ‘Open Knowledge Drinks‘ meetup in Manchester during FutureEverything